WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE FOR BLACK FLY RACING, AN ONTARIO, CANADA BASED CYCLING CLUB FORMED IN 2004.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Toronto Island Triathlon


August 18, 2007. Toronto Islands. I've always wanted to try a tri. So has Julie. I love swimming and cycling (obviously) and Jules loves the running and swimming. Make sense, right?
To prepare I went for a few jogs with Brenda, and Julie went swimming and rode her bike. And we rented wetsuits. Have you ever tried to put one of those on? If you ever thought cycling shorts are tight...
So before the race we find out they have canceled the swim because Lake Ontario was too cold (isn't that what the wetsuits were for?) and turned the event into a duathlon (run,bike,run). Kind of a bummer for me because I was actually looking forward to the swim the most but we got through it and it was a pretty interesting experience. Our results were: Julie finished 11th of 25 and I came in 6th of 26. Not bad, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment