August 20-21, 2005. Albion Hills. Our first team event. I remember being a little nervous before the start, especially for the upcoming night laps. I also didn't think it was gonna be as tough as it was. And nothing but respect to the solo riders. Craziness! It was also a good wake-up call that when you do the events we do, it's most important to have fun riding and to enjoy the camp life. In the end we battled through the pain and ended up finishing a very kick ass 10th of 46 teams.
Clockwise from top left:
- Sierra & her dad.
- Post race: (l-r) Derrick, Dean, Mike, Marty & Stitt.
- Mike on our 1st lap.
- Marty in the forest.
- Timing chip hand off between Marty & Dean.
- Mike getting some help from Julie, our team physio.
- Our mechanic Drew.
- Evan, the Champ of the kids race!
- Brenda enjoying camp life with Stitt, Derrick & Mike.