WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE FOR BLACK FLY RACING, AN ONTARIO, CANADA BASED CYCLING CLUB FORMED IN 2004.

Monday, December 01, 2008

The Icebreaker 2005

April 10, 2005. Uxbridge. Yup, we started on snow and ice. I guess that's why they call it The Icebreaker. I haven't been back to this classic since but I mean to. A pretty cool race through the trails of Durham and Glen Major to kick start the Ontario MTB season. I remember seeing my first cyclocross bike at this event and thinking "are these idiots actually riding road bikes?" Now that I think about it, riding CX would work pretty well on this course since it's not too techy and there are some long stretches on the gravel roads. Hmmm. Now that I have my own cross bike...




It was a fun day and even though it was early in the season, the temps got up to around 20C. I imagine most of us were completely overdressed. Hurricane Dean even stormed in for a post race visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment