WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE FOR BLACK FLY RACING, AN ONTARIO, CANADA BASED CYCLING CLUB FORMED IN 2004.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Lake to Lake 2006

June 18, 2006. Niagara. This was a painful one in a couple of ways. Mike had just passed away a few weeks before and he was definitely on our minds and in our hearts. A bunch of us taped his picture to our stems and top tubes for a little extra inspiration. The race was also very hot (30C + humidity) this year, and at the finish I ended up in the First Aid tent due to heat exhaustion and dehydration and, yes I admit pushing myself a little more than I should have. Along the way I found myself riding most of the 50kms with Dean, which was very helpful to both of us. In the end, a tough and emotional day but like always couldn't wait to do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment