The 11km circuit was challenging as usual, with an opening 750 metre climb straight up. The next 5km was fairly "easy" until about the 7km mark where we were hit with numerous steep climbs and technical descents down to the finish line. It was also a little sandy in some parts especially after thousands of sets of wheels went flying through the corners. This resulted in minor crashes by Chris H. and the Deaner.
Cabin #3 was our home away from home where a few of us stayed over on Friday night and the whole group hung out after laps. The weather was perfect with only a couple of drops of rain on Saturday afternoon. This event is defintely a staple in our season and who knows, maybe we'll send 3 teams next year.
Clockwise from top left:
- Jonny D. at the start.
- Dean flying down to the finish
- Chris H handing off at the transition.
- Stitt 1st race after nearly a year off.
- Denis with his head down at the start.
- Tony after his first lap
- Mr. Muller is done.
- "Dirt Face" (not a teammate of ours but a funny image nonetheless!)
- Ian around the last turn.